- Reduced price
CAROLINA PRO 14'0 x 25 1/2"
The winning tool for 90% of all racing conditions that a competitive stand-up paddle racer encounters.
|WIDTH:||25 1/2"/ 64.7cm|
• The bottom shape of the new Carolina remains the same, as its performance conquered a lot of podium finishes.
• A reduced width is nothing without stability. Optimizing the center of gravity for the Carolina resulted in a more balanced riding experience. This allowed us to decrease the width for noticeable performance gains. Note the subtle dug-out at the bottom of the rails, allowing a wider stance and improved stability. The NSP Carolina comes with a single centered, neoprene handle placed on a balanced fixture point for ultra-fast beach starts and close-call finishes.
• Recessed deck allowing for low center of gravity and adds stability. By lowering the center of gravity across the entire shape, not just the standing area, athletes benefit consistently, even when they are on the back of the board. The improved stability allows athletes to go more narrow, and reap the benefits of the increased performance throughout the Carolina range.
• Heightened rail lip around cockpit reduces water intake in the standing area.
• High-performance tail for easy buoy turns.
• Dug-out rails for wider stance creates additional width and improves stability.
FINS: The NSP 24 racing fin are designed to deliver top performance: expect excellent tracking, stability, efficiency, speed and easy acceleration.
Carolina construction diagram:
Elite Pro Carbon technology construction is essential when winning is all that matters:
– The Carolina is fully built with Pro Carbon technology with extra carbon Innegra™ reinforcements around the nose, tail and lip of the cockpit for close quarter battles at race starts and from the chasing racers in a draft train.
– Cutting edge aerospace carbon fibers and ultra-light core materials are combined with our unique vacuum construction, making Pro Carbon the lightest, stiffest and fastest racing construction technology available.
– Featuring a PVC reinforced deck for integrity plus carbon rails for stiffness reducing flex and making the board ultra responsive.
– Pro Carbon is an elite construction technology that is standard in our production race boards allowing you to own exactly the same boards that NSP pros Travis Grant, Titouan Puyo and Ty Judson win on.
CARBON REINFORCED RAIL LIPS & CARBON RAIL BAND
By using Innegra™ Carbon for the rail lips in favor of “conventional” biaxial carbon, one of the most ding-prone areas on any race board is drastically reinforced without weight penalties. Ding resistance, durability and damage tolerance all increase, protecting your equipment. All 2020 recessed NSP Raceboards benefit from this new construction, along with Uni-directional rail bands (on the side) and 100% biaxial carbon layups (on the deck and bottom).
The Carolina comes with neoprene handles and several balanced fixture points. 4 AVS Drain holes quickly expel excess water from the dugout. A patented GORE® vent near the GoPro (or GPS) fixture point prevents a pressure build-up, allowing oxygen to pass but keeping out moisture.
TIPS FOR TURNING THE CAROLINA
Turning a recessed board (dugout) can take some time to get used to. You may encounter water that comes into the tray (deck) of the board if you raise the nose too high during a turn. We asked Team Rider Titouan Puyo to show us how he maneuvers the Carolina around a buoy while keeping his speed up, while the water out. Be sure to step back, keep the nose down on the turn, and then quickly step back to the center. Have a look at the video.